Another massive free update! This version introduces a new gameplay feature as well as further upping the ante on visuals, polish, and playability.
- New feature: Rifts in the space-time continuum! A rift basically serves as a wall; you can’t move ships through it. This opens up some interesting map design possibilities. Some new maps which use rifts have been shipped with the game, and you are welcome to make your own.
- Visual improvements: Ship graphics replaced, with a different look for each colour of ship. Battles are slightly animated now, as are the lines from a convoy to its destination. Added animated exhaust plumes. New background image and title screen. In/out fades when transitioning in and out of a game. New mouse pointer!
- Selecting a planet and hovering the mouse over another will tell you the ETA for ships travelling along that route, and show you whether you can move ships there.
- You can choose ship quantities using only the mouse now. That means there’s never any need to touch the keyboard at all while playing. (Extensive keyboard controls still exist, of course.)
- Planet and convoy selection is much more forgiving; you don’t need to be at all precise with the mouse any longer.
- Miscellaneous interface improvements to make things easier to understand and use. Added some help tooltips to the in-game controls.
- Resolution selection is smarter and more considerate of aspect ratios.
- Tons of bugs fixed.
If you bought a previous version, I encourage you to upgrade for free. The demo download has been updated, and new customers always receive the latest version.