Inventive Dingo forums Inventive Dingo forums
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or signup. October 26, 2024, 07:08:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally Point peculiarity.  (Read 8520 times)
StraxusD
Space cadet

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:08:03 am »

I was playing this and I noticed that sometimes it took longer to set a rally directly to a planet than it did to go through several planets.  For instance, I wanted to send ships from planet X (for simplicities sake) to planet Y. This took 3 turns, or I could send them to planet Z and then from there to planet Y this took two turns. I thought this was a little odd, but not a drastic thing. I was also wondering if you considered limiting the planets that you could travel to. So planets far behind the front lines were "safe" from direct attack, like Risk.

Do you know what your sin is?
Ah hell, I am a fan of all seven, but right now, I am going to go with wrath.
Chris
Administrator

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:28:07 am »

I've seen that happen occasionally. I think it's because you get a little "boost" in terms of distance when going between planets, because the distance between the centre of the planet and where ships "come out" of the planet is given to you free. (Space elevator anyone?) It's weird, but relatively harmless.

Limiting your travel opportunities is what rifts were invented for. Smiley  There aren't many maps that use them yet, but give it time.
StraxusD
Space cadet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »

Oh okay, I haven't seen a map with the rifts on it yet.

Do you know what your sin is?
Ah hell, I am a fan of all seven, but right now, I am going to go with wrath.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: